If you have an account in Indian Overseas Bank and you are thinking about how to check Indian overseas bank balance then this article is the solution for you. Here we are going to disclose the different ways that can help you when you need to enquire about your IOB bank balance.
As the banking sector is transforming days by day, in terms of its operations and mostly everything is shifting to the digital sector. After the demonetization and the promotion of digital money over the cash money, banks too have changed the way they operate and coordinate with their customers. That’s why Indian Overseas Bank provides services like balance enquiry, money transfer, bill payment, etc to their account holders. The various balance enquiry methods have also evolved over time and now there are plenty of options for the customers to check for the balance in their account. However, here are some important methods:
- Miss call banking
- SMS banking
- Net banking
- Mobile banking
- 1 Check Indian Overseas Bank Balance by Missed Call Service
- 1.1 How to Register Mobile Number in Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)?
- 1.2 Balance Enquiry Via Missed Call Service for IOB
- 1.3 Check Balance by SMS Banking Service of IOB
- 1.4 Online Balance Enquiry Via IOB Net Banking
- 1.5 How to do Balance Enquiry Through IOB Mobile Banking
- 1.6 Toll Free Numbers of IOB Customer Care
- 1.7 IOB Head Office Address
- 1.8 About Bank
- 1.9 Conclusion:
Check Indian Overseas Bank Balance by Missed Call Service
The marvelous growth of technologies changing the bank industries every day. Therefore, banks are involving new technological services in their system. They are providing the easiest paths to their customers for account accessibility. Miss call service is one of them which only depends on your phone number. In other words, by just giving the missed call from your mobile number, you can access your account status. For that, a customer requires to register mobile number first. The registration process is mentioned below:
How to Register Mobile Number in Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)?
- Registration of the mobile number can be at the time of the account opening, or if you missed it that time then also you can register your mobile number by simply visiting the bank branch once and give an application is written to the bank manager. In addition to the balance enquiry through the missed call, you will also get the other account details such as credit and debit transactions.
- You can also use the IOB mobile application by downloading it from here. Just register using your account details and generate a password that is required for this application. After that, you can check your account balance apart from other details. You can also complete transactions from the application only so no need to visit the bank anymore.
Balance Enquiry Via Missed Call Service for IOB
After the registration of your mobile number, you can take the benefit of Miss call as well as SMS banking services of IOB bank. The procedure of Miss call banking is given below:
- The first thing is to give a missed call to 04442220004, from your registered mobile number.
- After that, you will receive a text message from the bank’s message portal mentioning your account’s current balance and last four digits of your account number just in order to check that you have got the details for the correct account number.
Check Balance by SMS Banking Service of IOB
Just like the miss call service, one more service is there provided by the IOB bank for balance enquiry which is SMS alerts. The procedure id described below to get SMS alerts:
- Indian Overseas Bank customers can check their account balance by sending an SMS from their registered mobile phones to 9551099007.
- The SMS must be in the format “BAL <Account Name>” where <Account Name> is the name of your account in your mobile. As a result, the bank sends the account balance details via SMS.
Type and send,
- BAL for a balance enquiry
- MINI for the mini statement
- MMID for getting your MMID
Important Note: Without Registered Mobile number with Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) you cannot check your account balance via Missed call and SMS services.
Online Balance Enquiry Via IOB Net Banking
In the era of a digital revolution, A cracker service provided by the IOB is Net banking which is very quick and frequent. It makes the account assessment easiest for the customers. The steps for Net banking in IOB is provided here:
- Visit to the https://www.iobnet.co.in
- IOB customers who have registered for net banking service can use their user id and password to log into the IOB online banking website.
- After loging in, they can avail of many banking services including balance check, account statement, money transfer, mobile bill payment, etc.
- Similarly, you can also visit the official website of IOB and login with your username and password to know balance.
How to do Balance Enquiry Through IOB Mobile Banking
The very advance service provided by banks is mobile banking which is a more portable and flexible service nowadays. Using the “Android” or “iOS” application you can check anytime Indian Overseas bank account balance. The various mobile apps are available as given below:
- IOB mPassbook: It is an online passbook that IOB customers can utilize to inquire about their account balance as well as transaction details. It contains the information of both debit and credit transactions. It is helpful to account holders for knowing their updated account status at any time and the best part is that they do not have to get it updated by visiting the bank like a physical passbook.
- IOB Mobile: using this mobile app, IOB customers can carry out banking transactions using their mobile phones easily. IOB Mobile also offers banking services like IOB balance check, account statement, funds transfer, IMPS, NEFT, RTGS, Bill Payment, etc. The customers need to be registered for mobile banking to use this app.
- IOB Nanban: Plenty of people want to access net banking and mobile banking services but fail to do so because of their limited knowledge of English. IOB Nanban is a multi-lingual app and convenient option for all IOB customers since they can carry out banking transactions easily in their desired language.
Toll Free Numbers of IOB Customer Care
- All India toll free customer care number 1800 425 4445
- For credit card complain toll free number 1800 425 7744
- Anti-corruption toll free number 1800 425 3402
- Phone number: +91-44- 28524212
- For UPI/BHIM application Related Issues – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For IMPS transfer Related Issues – email@example.com
IOB Head Office Address
No.763, Anna Salai area,
Chennai – 600002
Indian overseas bank started it operation from the year 1937 before world war II with an aim to promote foreign exchange and overseas operations. IOB is a major public-sector bank in the Madras (Chennai) region. It is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It has 3400 branches all over India. IOB has an ISO certified in-house Information Technology department, which had developed the software that its branches used to provide online banking to customers earlier. The bank has achieved 100% networking status as well as 100% CBS status for its branches. IOB has a network of about 3300 ATMs all over India.
Also, we provide here all nationalized bank customer care toll free number details:
The banking network has been improved and developed over the years and the industry has the sole purpose that the customer should get the experience the best of their facilities. Moreover, The Indian Overseas Bank has been doing a satisfactory service to its users. All you need to do is to make a call or to send a text message to the respective number.
This is not the official website of IOB. So, for better help support and more queries regarding Indian Overseas Bank Balance enquiry, you can contact them either by customer care number or visit the official website at https://www.iob.in or you can directly connect them through Customer care toll free number.